Advice and Information
Ecotect Architects are able to provide advice and information
relating to all aspects of commercial design through our Advisory
Service. Whether you are considering building a new building or
undergoing an addition or renovations, this service will help you
to get off on the right foot.
This advice can relate to any or all of the following areas:
- Preliminary feasibility and costing
- Passive solar design and other ESD issues
- Planning and local council requirements
- General design issues
- Preliminary material selection
- Preliminary site analysis
The Advisory Service is provided by one of our architects who
will meet with you for up to three hours. Alternatively, an on site
meeting can be arranged if this is more appropriate to your
situation. This initial service is to screen ideas and indicate the
potential for development and answer any technical queries a
potential commercial client may have from a technical
If the relationship connects and the ideas and comments are
valued then the next stage will be proceeding with conceptual and
feasibility work to start to scope the potential for the project.
Usually fixed fee is negotiated base on the number of hours
involved in this early stage, prior to full commitments being
After that the client is in a solid position to decide on
proceeding further and commissioning the practice to develop the
concepts into designs and technical drawings ready for
- 1980 Advice on commercial development of premises in Mill
Street Perth to David Nicholas.
- 1980 Advice on redevelopment of 30 Colin Street West
Perth to David Nicholas.
- 1985 Advice to the Australian Pensioners' Leauge on
energy use and options to improve their investment at 159 Adelaide
- 1993 Advice to Mandurah Retirement Village.
- 2000 Advice to Midway Ford about premises and potential
Advisory Service Costs:
- Architect $150.00 per hour
- Senior Architect $180.00 per hour
- Principal Garry Baverstock $250.00 per hour
If the site is more than 50km from the office, travel expenses
will be charged as a disbursement.
If the site is in a regional area and there is a need to stay
over night, accommodation expenses will also be a disbursement.
This is all discussed before proceeding with the initial advisory
Next Service +
Interested in this service? Why not contact us for information on how we can
work with you.