Project Builder Support
Ecotect Architects have wode ranging experience in providing
support to project builders.
This assistance has come in the form of providing designs
intended for mass production, or where a discerning client requires
a higher quality product at an affordable price.
We are also able to provide advice to project builders who have
a genuine desire to produce energy and water efficient project
Ecotect-Architects are available to design standard plan for
builders to improve their sustainability and public appeal.
This can range from evaluation of existing plans and advice or
simply designing concepts that can be offered in the market
place. We are amenable for releasing copyrights in return for
publicity. And acknowledgement of the firm's input into the
designs. We believe that would actually help with marketing
the concepts to the public.
- 1975 - 1976, The firm has designed standard plans for builders
start in the mid 1970s with a modular home system for Unibuild, 30
standard plans were developed.
- 1985, Designed the 'Bristile Solar Ideas Home' and HIA Home of
the Year winner was built to demonstrate what the project home
could be doing to improve their designs.
- 1985, Designed a range of standard plans for Tecto Solar
- 1989, Garry Baverstock helped Dale Alcock homes with
evaluating, promoting ad endorsing a passive solar home in Mandurah
as promoted by BHP steel.
- 1993, Involved Ross North, Peter Stannard and Dale Alcock
in a student project at Curtin University to design passive solar
project homes stimulate new ideas.
- 1985 - 1990, Support with the HIA in setting up the Low
Energy building Council and running numerous courses and operating
a public advisory service for potential customers. Some 40
designers and builders were accredited solar designers at this time
due to the efforts of Garry Baverstock.
- 1989, ' The Winfred' demonstration home was built to illustrate
the way forward for project building companies.
- 1994, Designed a series of standard plans for LandCorp to
stimulate ideas for display homes at Clarkson subdivision and
engaged Cess Phips as a consultant to help with penetration of the
ideas after interviewing all the major project builders about the
- 2002, Evaluation report and advice on Australand Ltd's
range of standard plans for application in WA.
- 2003 - 07, Standard plan developed for Settlers group for
their retirement villages in association with CCN.
- 2008, Standard plans were produced for a large
transportable home company that won a Master builders award in 2010
for an affordable sustainable demonstration home at Seville Grove,
- 2009, Standard plans developed for Goldstyle
- 2010 - 2011, Standard plans for a subdivision in Port
Hedland for a developer/building operation.
The firm sees this activity as almost a public service and of
course a good of promoting our expertise to the general public, and
disseminating our public interest message to the average
Our fees are very reasonable and we are prepared to negotiate to
make it attractive for the project builder to use our services and
improve their plans and marketing approach.
Exclusivity, shared copyrights, or just conceptual input will
mean a range of fees offered, which are basically structured around
time input. It is not a cost really. It is an
investment for progressive operators looking for an edge on the
Being involved in land development gives the firm great insight
about how to maximize penetration of this increasingly important
Next Service +
Interested in this service? Why not contact us for information on how we can
work with you.