Advice and Information
Ecotect Architects are able to provide advice and information
relating to all aspects of commercial design through our Advisory
Service. Whether you are considering building a new building or
undergoing an addition or renovations, this service will help you
to get off on the right foot.
This advice can relate to any or all of the following areas:
- Preliminary feasibility and costing
- Passive solar design and other ESD issues
- Planning and local council requirements
- General design issues
- Preliminary material selection
- Preliminary site analysis
The Advisory Service is provided by one of our architects who
will meet with you for up to three hours. Alternatively, an on site
meeting can be arranged if this is more appropriate to your
This initial service is to screen ideas and indicate the
potential for construction of a government project and answer any
technical queries a potential commercial client may have from a
technical viewpoint. If the relationship connects and the
ideas and comments are valued then the next stage will be
proceeding with conceptual and feasibility work to start to scope
the potential for the project. Usually a fixed fee is
negotiated based on the number of hours involved in this early
stage, prior to full commitments being sought or a percentage fee
that is acceptable to the government.
After that the client is in a solid position to decide on
proceeding further and commissioning the practice to develop the
concepts into designs and technical drawings ready for
construction. Often it is understood that there is no
guarantee of winning a commission for the project as all projects
are put out to tender for professional services. Provided our
initiating services are compensated then we are always interested
in carrying out feasibility or schematic exploration to help define
the scope of a tender process and clarify the outcomes being sought
by the government.
Our information service definitely assists the project and
improves the brief for the eventual winner of the tender.
- 1976 East Beechboro Primary School, Dept of Works, WA,
review of generic plans
- 1984 East Beechboro Primary School additions advice
- 1987 Advice to the City of Melville on solar design of
residences in the locality
- 1993 Advice on energy efficiency for the Civic Centre.
For the City of Melville
- 1998 Advice to the City of Mandurah for a sustainability
- 1998 Advice and recommended guidelines and land rating
system for Clarkson for Land for Land Corp.
- 1998 Advice to the City of Melville and community of the
development of an environmental education centre.
- 2003 Advice on the development of a sustainable home
demonstration for the City of Subiaco
- 2001-02 Advice to WA government and Ministers about the
solar design of WA schools
- 2002 Confidential Analysis and guidelines for the
minister for Works, WA Government.
- 2003 Advice to the committee on comfort in schools, and
advice to the government and architects for preparing a brief for
the Atwell Primary demonstration school.
- 2004 Advice to the City of Perth about solar access to
- 2004 Perth Plan project, Solar Access study, City of
Perth in association with CCN
- 2004 Advice to the Town of Cottesloe about the
development of the beachfront
- 2004 Beachfront solar study for the Town of
- 2006-08 Advice and reports for Carolyn Marshall of
DHW. Included sustainability review of 4 new high schools
being designed at the time.
- 2006 Subdivision and sustainability advice for China
Green, Subiaco for the SRA and EPRA.
- 2008 Advice to the Town of Cottesloe about the impending
Enquiry by Design Process
- 2009 Enquiry by design submissions for the Town of
Cottesloe on the beachfront redevelopment and the Cottesloe Town
- 2011 Ongoing advice about sustainability initiatives for
implementation at the Town of Cottesloe
Advisory Service Costs:
Fees are either on a time charge basis or a fixed fee for the
If the sit is more than 50 km from the office, travel expenses
will be charged as a disbursement.
If the site is in a regional area and there is a need to stay
over night accommodation expenses will also be a
disbursement. This is all discussed before proceeding with
the initial advisory service.
- Architect $150.00 per hour
- Senior Architect $180.00 per hour
- Principal Garry Baverstock $250.00 per hour
Next Service +
Interested in this service? Why not contact us for information on how we can
work with you.